Read Good Thinking: Seven Powerful Ideas That Influence the Way We Think by Denise Cummins Free Online
Book Title: Good Thinking: Seven Powerful Ideas That Influence the Way We Think|
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 485 KB
v The author of the book: Denise Cummins
Edition: Cambridge University Press
Date of issue: May 2012
ISBN 13: 9780521145503
City - Country: No data
Read full description of the books Good Thinking: Seven Powerful Ideas That Influence the Way We Think:Good Thinking picks up where Thinking Fast and Slow (Kahneman, 2011) left off by showing how slow deliberation and fast intuitions underlie some of the greatest insights that changed the world.
Seven Powerful Ideas That Changed the World
1. Thinking can be automated so machines can do it, and insight is just subconscious thought.
2. You understand something best when you realize that "this is like that".
3. Some facts entail others, some don't.
4. To find out what's true, you should try to find out what's false.
5. To decide what causes what, you need to think of alternatives.
6. Making smart choices means figuring out what is mostly likely to get you what you most want--and realizing everyone else is doing the same thing.
7. Doing the right thing means doing what's best for everyone--while not crossing certain important lines.
After reading this book, you will know how the best and the brightest thinkers decide, argue, solve problems, and tell right from wrong.
Answers to insight quiz available at www.goodthinkingbooks.com
Read information about the authorPicture
Dr. Denise Dellarosa Cummins is research psychologist and author. She has held faculty and research positions at Yale University, the University of California, the University of Illinois, and the Center for Adaptive Behavior at the Max Planck Institute in Berlin. Her research interest is how people think and decide. She is a respected cognitive scientist who has authored numerous scientific articles, and is an elected Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science. She also gives invited talks about her research at universities and popular venues all over the world. In her Psychology Today blog, she writes about what she and other cognitive scientists are discovering about the way people think, solve problems, and make decisions.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and daughters hiking, horseback riding, and just generally hanging out.
My professional homepage can be found at http://www.denisecummins.com
Reviews of the Good Thinking: Seven Powerful Ideas That Influence the Way We Think
Add a comment to Good Thinking: Seven Powerful Ideas That Influence the Way We Think
Read EBOOK Good Thinking: Seven Powerful Ideas That Influence the Way We Think by Denise Cummins Online free